About The Academy
In essence, the Online Academy is a solution for serving the needs of a large client population for learning and development. It provides a full palette of support services without heavy investment in a static software solution at costs that translates to not more than one or two day’s training expenditure per employee.
High among the key attractions of the Online Academy is the ease of implementation & use and flexibility that it offers. The built-in user support and user friendly interfaces enable immediate deployment. At the same time, the arrangements preclude clients from being stuck with software that boxes them into a fixed mode of operation with limited flexibility.
The Online Academy offers a range of deliverables including:
1. Facilitation of ongoing training needs assessment, competency evaluation and gap analysis. The core competencies required to perform jobs are used to evaluate employees’ status and to identify gaps that need to be filled in their development.
2. Electronic master tracking system that documents the profiles of learners and tracks their progress. This supports monitoring of the development of employees.
3. Information that is fed back to member companies as part of the client’s marketing thrust to promote further training and to improve productivity.
4. Online facilitation of the process of identifying what courses are required and when; announcing the courses; getting applications for the courses; completing registration; recording results.
5. Design, launch and reporting on polls to get feedback from users and test user perception on specific issues. Again, this supports programme evaluation and ROI analysis.
6. Increased alignment and synchronization of training & development activities across the client’s locations that are not currently attainable with existing approaches.
7. Proactive enhancement of ongoing communication from HR Departments and Training personnel with the target population. This is achieved through research, copy writing and technology solutions that are manifested as: Discussion Forums, News Bulletins and Newsletters.
8. Access to interactive online training in Computing.
9. Delivery of the Success with People online experience which is a platform and gateway course of study and assessment that prepares individuals in the areas of Customer Service, Leadership & Supervisory Management, Team Cohesiveness, Conflict avoidance and resolution, Inter-personal skills development, Giving and receiving feedback.
10. Building staff and/or customer learning communities using social networking solutions.
Game changing sweeteners to conclude business with large clients with appropriate limits and riders:
1. Provision of live online coaching to support computer training so that learners can get additional support outside of the interactive online courses. (online office hours)
2. Tutor-led Webinars that reinforce core competencies in a range of subject areas.
3. Development of e-books potentially with content from subject matter experts or static content provided by client.